It's only taken roughly forever, but I decided it was about time to have a craft page on Facebook. So here it is. Tinkering Textiles. Do head over there and like it. Here's five reasons why...
1. Because I still get that nerdy happy feeling when someone subscribes to a blog, likes a page or retweets a tweet. You can put that nerdy smile in my tummy.
2. This blog you're reading now will, as ever, have craft (and other) news of worldwide interest with some meat to it and my usual careful curatorial ways. But it takes a while to write the posts on here, and you may have noticed, sometimes I find it hard to put that time aside. So...
...the Tinkering Textiles facebook page will have more bitesized snippets. Quick posts. Which means I can share more with you as and when I find or think of them instead of missing the moment, which sometimes happens here.
3. For those of you who are UK or North West there will be more news just for you. I tend not to post local news on this blog because I know it's read by people in all corners of the world. But if you're in the market for opportunities to show, sell, compete or work in craft in the NW and UK then the facebook page is where you'll find it. Don't worry there'll be plenty of big and global craft news too, just as you'd expect.
4. Eventually I'll be moving my Tinkering Textiles shop there. Etsy's pretty much had its day for me so I'm setting up on Payvment and will be listing things I've made as well also craft and interior hardware, supplies and classic vintage offers. (There's just a couple of items now if anyone's in the market for a handmade cushion cover or Debbie Stoller's Stitch n Bitch Knitters Handbook). More to follow soon.
5. Well it's Facebook, you're there anyway right?
Of course blog posts from here will also be sent over there, for facebookers who don't follow it anywhere else. Thanks to the *almost* 50 people who have liked it so far. Can't wait to see more of you there soon.